Ashland Business Spotlight: Interview With Jen of Jen Araya Photography
– By Helen Nickole
This week we’re highlighting an Ashland business. I want everyone to get a chance to really know the business owners and their unique skills and experience. This week I interviewed Jen Araya of Jen Araya Photography.
1. What is your business name? And how did you arrive at the name?
Jen Araya Photography. Growing up my nickname was Jenaraya and it always stuck with everyone. It’s how people knew me so I thought it was best to continue with it, plus I love it!
2. What does your business do?
I photograph weddings, couples, families and businesses while keeping things real.
3. How long have you been in business?
Almost 10 years as a side hustle.
4. What is your location?
Ashland, but I’ve photographed in the Metrowest area, greater New England area and beyond!
5. What motivates you and what is your mission in business?
I love connecting with my clients! I also love the opportunities that have come about through photography.
6. Are you an Ashland Business Association or Metrowest Chamber member?
Not at the moment, but I plan to be in the near future. I have three little ones that have been the focus of most of my free time.
7. What is interesting about your business?
You are not just a client to me – you become my friend. I like to tailor the experience as much as possible so it’s something to remember beyond just the photographs.
8. Do you have any advice for new business owners?
Time is your most valuable commodity! If there are small tasks that you can outsource that you are not good at or just don’t enjoy – do it! I outsource my editing and have since day 1! It will save you time so you can grow your business.
9. What could your town do to help support local businesses?
Continue to support small businesses and keep spreading the word.
10. What makes your business unique and stand out from other businesses in your industry?
I provide a fun, comfortable, connecting photo experiences with each client.